A high-protein snack for those who want to satisfy their peanut butter craving on the go. The combination of creamy peanut butter with crunchy all-bran cereal gives these bars a texture that makes them equally delicious and fun to eat.
– 1/3 c. Natural Honey
– 1/3 c. Dark brown sugar
– 1 c. Creamy peanut butter
– 1/2 c. Crunchy peanut butter
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon > BR > 5 c. all-bran (Such as Raisin bran)
– 1/3 c. Ground Flaxseeds (Optional)
– 1 c. Chopped Raisins.
1) Put the honey in a large pot on medium heat.
2) Add sugar and stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble.
3) Add cinnamon and stir until dissolved.
4) Stir peanut butter into the honey mixture until smooth.
5) Remove from heat and stir in bran flakes, flax and raisins.
6) Press firmly into and 8×8 pan lined with foil that overlays ends
7) Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Note: This recipe also freezes well, so you can make a big batch and freeze squares to enjoy in the future. Additionally, you may substitute 1 (one) c. granola + 4 c. bran flakes for the 5 c. bran flakes. Protein powder may also be added to this recipe for an extra protein punch